Wednesday, December 19, 2007

There must be a reason..

For the past two weeks, due to the flood and the consequences it brought, I had so much time to do nothing, but to think..

For the past two days, the flood has gradually subsided. As a result, I have little time to do many things, but I'm still thinking..

"There must be a reason someone come into one's life"
It lingers in my mind and makes me to think..


And I remember

the girl who amazingly knew who was I and appeared to be there for me when I was helpless. I had no idea who she was and I thought she was just kidding when she said me goodbye. The next day when I woke up she was gone.

the guy who kindly relaxed my tension by making faces and lame jokes. He taught me how to apply theory practically. Meal times were always great as it provided a platform for us to put aside all the stress and pressure.

the big bros who mistook and continued to mistake me as their friend's sister. We broke rules together so that I got to play flying fox twice, and in slow motion.

the little girl who liked to smile and apparently who was tougher than me. We stayed awake staring at the starry sky and enjoying the smell of the wide paddy fiels.

the AJK who caught me walking in darkness and gave me his torch light. The light was not strong at all but it brightened my way.

the talented guy whom I helped to arrange one of his concerts. I heard pop singer singing the song composed by him a few years later. It was the very hit song of the year. I saw him in newspaper too the other day. He was the guest singer in a concert.

the fair girl who loved to cry so much. She was crying when we first met and people thought what did I do to her. She was still crying when we parted and people looked at me with that face again.

the teammate who gave me his gloves when our team needed to go through an obstacle challenge. My hands were still hurt but much less.

the sunny boy who gave me that smile and made me an unicorn balloon. I'm sure that he has eventually fixed himself in Christ and is shining for Him.

And the list goes on


People come and people go. Some of them are meant to be grabbed if we do hope them to stay. Many of them would just leave, and we are left with a reason, or a memory. It is your call.

I do not know where the above people are. But I thank them, thank you for appearing in my life, thank you for teaching me something, thank you for leaving me those sweet memories.

Thank you for knocking on my head, so that I learn how to grab and how to let go.

No comments: