Saturday, March 10, 2007

What do THEY do??

It's such a lovely Saturday morning, isn't it?? ^_^

I was supposed to wake up late this morning, as I had spent my whole yesterday for several awesome outings ( Shopping in town in the afternoon, attending ICF meeting in the evening, as well as going for supper at night ). However, I ended up getting out of my bed pretty early, with fully alert mind, haha =P

Well, yesterday the ICF gathering was fantastic, yup I would say that. There was a bunch of approximately forty young people, whereby each of them had originally came from different countries, backgrounds, cultures and what not joining it. It was started with some funny yet not-demanding IQ ice breaker activities and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves a lot, hehe =)

The part which stole the show was when we were asked to demonstrate the "culture shock" that we faced mingling with the kiwis, as everybody was really acting like professional comedy actors. I just couldn't help laughing non-stop at their looks and actions, to the extend that I nearly strained my neck as a result of laughing too much =P

Yuki was a Japanese guy who came to pursue his study in New Zealand.

After travelling all the way to Wellington, he was exhausted and what he really wanted was just a place to settle down, and a bed to sleep on.

With hopes he went to his flat and with fully prepared mind he was gonna meet his flatmates.
.
.
Once he stepped into the house, then only he found out that..
His flatmates were actually FIVE GIRLS FROM CHINA!!
.
.

The above was definitely not a joke, it was real story. Haha. So funny. Guess what?! It was my group's demonstration and we won the game!! ^_^
.
.
THEY brush their teeth after breakfast
.
THEY eat rice with fork instead of a spoon
.
THEY walk barefooted around town but wear shoes indoors
.
THEY don't rinse their cutlery after scrubbing it in hot water filled with soap
( Note: Detergents are biodegradable in New Zealand. U won't die from them!! )

Yes, what u think is exactly who THEY are, the KIWIS!! Hehe. The above are just a corner of a huge iceberg, maybe u will find out more and more reading my blog. So do look forward for more *_*

Btw, the below are some photos about my first hang out with friends in a restaurant after church service. It was called Istana Malaysia!! According to reliable information, Prime Minister Abdullah Badawi was having his meal here during his visit to New Zealand. We choosed it because it was the one and only restaurant which was able to fit thirty plus of us, though the prices of the food were really.. U know.. =P


The atmosphere was quite calm and peaceful.. And romantic, maybe?? Hehe..

I was sitting in the middle, so this was my right hand side view.

And yup, this was my left hand side view.

This was what I ordered for myself.. Nasi Goreng Seafood!! Yummy yummy *_*

No comments: