Saturday, March 03, 2007

Weekends

It is 3rd of March today. Without my realize, I have been stepping into another month, and my first week of university life was over. Well, I would say that my life here is COOL ( Kiwi slang no. 1 ). My days were basically packed with lectures, tutorials and workshops, as well as club activities. Once the labs get started by next week, I will be even busier than ever. Nevertheless, I am ok with what I am doing now, though I am tired physically, I am fulfilled mentally and spiritually. Really hope that I can keep my spirit on in the coming week, with God's bless upon me.

I went for ICF ( International Christian Fellowship ) 's very first official meeting yesterday evening and it turned out to be AWESOME ( Kiwi Slang no. 2 ) They called it as KIWI 101, and there was a whole bunch of us international students gathering together and learned about New Zealand experiences and Kiwi cultures. A hakka was performed, national anthem was taught, a quiz was held and my team won ^_^, an activity of tasting the Kiwi food was run and I got very nice food, which was called Pineapple Plumps ^_^ and so on. Oh ya, this song was pretty funny AYE ( Kiwi slang no. 3 ), why don't u just give it a try and go through the lyrics once?? Come on??

Righto, kick it in the guts, Trev...
Gumboots, they are wonderful, gumboots, they are swell
'coz they keep out the water and they keep in the smell.
And when u're sittin' round at home, u can always tell
When one of the Trevs has taken off his gumboots.
Chorus:
If it weren't ur gumboots where would ya be?
You'd be in the hospital or infirmary
'coz u would have a dose of the 'flu, or even pleurisy
If ya didn't have yer feet in yer gumboots.

Hmm.. I wonder how do u look like now?? Haha. So sad that u couldn't see the performance came with the song. Hehe.

This morning I joined the first activity organised by ICF, which was called Car Rally, whereby we went to the outskirt of city visiting the farm, fruit-picking, going to chocolate factory, carrying out fun games in a park and sight-seeing. I tried the so-called best YUMMY ( Kiwi slang no. 3 ) double-scoop ice cream and tasted different kind of honey for free in the farm. Other than that, I had some chocolate with various flavours and KFC for lunch. Oh ya, today I got to experience cloudly morning, rainy noon, sunny afternoon, as well as windy evening, all during the car trip. Should I consider myself as lucky?? Hmm..

Me with all the greens

Guess what?! Deer were the first animals that I approached in NZ. So far I only got the opportunity to see cows and horses and sheep from distance.

I guess I will have a pretty wonderful life here in New Zealand, in peace, and of course in joy. Really hope that I will =)

CHEERS ( Kiwi slang no. 4 )

No comments: