Thursday, March 08, 2007

Passion for Sports

I used to be a great fan of sports, back in primary and secondary schools. Find it hard to believe huh?? U will see..

While all the girls around me were going through romance novels, I was reading sports magazines and newspapers =P
While they were talking about their Prince Charmings, I was discussing the latest most updated news on sports with the guys =P
When they were crying in front of television touched by Winter Sonata, I was cheering and shouting out for the victory of my favourite team =P

Oh ya.. One more.. When most of the mums were complaining their daughters had been wasting too much money on make up and stuff like that, my mum was mumbling about me spending money on sports magazines.. "U read so many magazines for what?? U never played sports what.. Sigh!!" =P

Hmm.. Well.. It's fact that I din't, I don't, I won't get myself involved in sports. Haha. Instead of that, I will just have all the strategies and skills running in my mind professionally most of the time. Hehe. Feel so tempting to test me huh?? U better don't..

As I grow older, I am definitely not saying that I am old, my passion for sports is not as strong and agressive as I used to. Don't know.. Yet, I still catch up and keep myself updated with the ongoing as well as upcoming sports events, it has sort of become part of my life.

Recently, out of no reason, those historical moments that I had ever witnessed kept popping into my memory. Hardship and sweat throughout the matches and competitions, broad smiles and loud shout over the glory and victory, tears and heartbrokenness over the failure and shame, and many many more.

On top of all these, what impressed me the most were the miracles after miracles unbelievably achieved in minutes, or even seconds, to turn failure into victory!! Have no idea of what am I talking about?? Never mind..

Below are some of those who ever created "miracles" because of their strong will and never-give-up spirit. Most importantly, they are about, or already stepping into another phase of their lives, walking their journeys confidently and happily. I am truly happy, for these people, for they are those who occupied most of my teenage life, and for the inspiration brought to me by them.

I used this guy's name in almost all my essay-writings.
Well, I would say he had the honour, haha.
One thing good about him is..
he choosed to show smiley faces instead of sad faces when dealing with failure.

This guy.. Hmm.. I witnessed him turning into a great coach from a world champion. From him, I learned how to share my talent and knowledge generously with people.

These two young people has taught me what does it mean by "Find a person who make u wanna be a better person.."

And this one.. Hmm.. He made me realized the importance of standing firmly on and holding tightly to what I believe in.. My God, my culture, my upbringing, and what not =)

No comments: